Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm in love!

I've finally found a tea that I can be completely obsessed with and never have to worry about negative side effects. Being from the south, I LOVE tea- especially sweet tea! But, I am also very picky about the tea I drink...it can't be too spicy, too sweet, too fruity, or too caffeinated.


While reading the book The Kind Diet a few months ago, I stumbled upon a new tea that I had never heard of or tried before. It's called Kukicha tea. Kukicha is made from the twigs, stems, and coarse leaves of the tea tree. It has only 10 percent of the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee and the health benefits rival that of green tea. Here are just a few of those benefits:


- Kukicha tea helps to alkalize the body's fluids and tissue, thereby balancing acidity levels and preventing disease.
- It is also packed with nutrients. One cup is a good source of calcium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, and fluoride.
- It is also a rich source of B-complex vitamins  which is great for vegetarians and vegans
- It also contains vitamin C and A, flavonoids, and the same polyphenols that have made green tea known as a cancer-fighting food, catechins.


At first I found the tea to be a little "twiggy" tasting, but after adding a small amount of stevia and lemon, I was HOOKED!!! It has now replaced my morning decaf coffee and has become an AWESOME end to my hectic days!

So, if you're up for trying something new and extremely healthy, why don't you check out the Kukicha tea at your local health food store or follow this link to order it online:
http://www.vitacost.com/Eden-Foods-Organic-Kukicha

No comments:

Post a Comment